Impulse buy help: Wine Corker Beer Bench Capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
Birthday has come and gone but I come away with a few Amazon gift cards that I'd like to use to buy a bench capper!

1) It must cork wine and champaign (if I need to buy an attachment please point that out.
2) It must cap beer ( I have all the bells necessary)
3) I'll spend a little bit more if it is quality.

GO GO GO Before I change my mind and pick up a new sound bar or something stupid like shoes.

I don't know of a corker that will do all of them. The floor corker that does champagne corks won't apparently do the American corks and bottles.

I would suggest the Portuguese corker, (I love mine), and stick with whatever bottle capping solution you already have.

Alternatively, you could go with the Colonna capper/corker. It will do traditional caps, the oversize Belgian caps, and corks. I have one for sale crazy cheap, (full disclosure: I didn't pay anything for it), but shipping it across the country would probably be spendy.

My suggestion for champagne is to just use the plastic mushroomed corks, and insert them by hand. (Or mallet.) There's also a nice method of sediment-free bottle carbing that utilizes those plastic corks.

Back