One week brew time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on your chosen recipe, you can have a perfectly brewed batch ready to pour from the tap in as little as 7 days!

:)

I've had Nottingham tear through wort in about 3 days. Not saying the beer was "done", but it was probably drinkable at day 7. Still, I know what you mean. It's like Mr. Beer all over again. They just want you to buy more of their branded kits, probably.

:)

I've had Nottingham tear through wort in about 3 days. Not saying the beer was "done", but it was probably drinkable at day 7. Still, I know what you mean. It's like Mr. Beer all over again. They just want you to buy more of their branded kits, probably.

That's the key thing....drinkable but not ready.

It does have lots of weasel words when it comes to time: "at least one week" "as little as 7 days". There are one week grain to glass recipes, but obviously most brews will take considerably longer.

https://comingsoon-tech.com/artbrew-one-week-craft-brewery

This has got to be a scam or something. A week after brew and ready to bottle/keg or drink from the tap? The yeast is barely finished in that time.
Probably explains why most of the pictures/videos of beer on the website show the beer as very cloudy. The beer doesn't look done to me! ;)

Looks like beer I just racked into my brite tanks from the fementer:

ArtBrew_Gallery_02.png

ArtBrew_Gallery_04.png

Kal

Kentucky Common was brewed to be consumed within like 10days after brew day. I read they would sometimes keg them up while it was still fermenting to get the carbing process started.

This also seems to be why there is the whole sour debate over the style. It was meant to be drank quickly, not stored or cellared. So im sure anything that stayed around a while got soured

It looks nice but the website really glosses over on the details. I would need a lot more information before I would be interested (If I were in the market for something like that at all)

Looks to be about 1 -2 gallons size so if using grain you might end up with a quart of beer when done, unless I am missing something. Close to $500 price tag for such a small amount - not me.

They also are really ambiguous about the one week time frame. It says 1 week for light beers and longer for others. IMO - longer for all beers.

Also there is no mention of how it carbonates the beer????

One week brew time on the cheap:
Go to the liqour store. Buy beer. Drink beer. Go back a week later. Repeat as needed.
There is no other way unless you want to drink young beer, and at $500 for their system I'll pass.

But it Has to be true! They say a week, and "that produces top quality craft beer every single time." Really? Top-quality beer in a week? I'm impressed. :D

I've seen a few "automated" brewing systems claiming beers drinkable in a week. I understand that that there are very few beers that could be done in a week, but, misleading people to think that all beers done in a week is just scummy.

I have served hefeweizen at Christmas that I brewed on December 18th. Not something I would try with a porter, pale ale, etc, but the hefeweizen worked nicely for those circumstances.

Man, you guys are critical! Further down the page it does say "7-20 days, depending on your recipe".

I think reasons to be critical exist... For example brewie has been making promises they can't deliver on for many months. There are few technical/specification details provided. And everybody knows that making beer is just that easy.

But, this looks somewhat like a finished product. We'll see.

It looks like an interesting alternative to the Pico. This one offers freedom to use your own ingredients, includes wort chilling, etc. On the other hand, we already know that Picobrew can produce a product and these guys are an unknown quantity.

Keep the recipe simple, the yeast clean flavored, skip the D-rest, skip a cold crash, and go straight to force carbing... It could be done in a week.

Before moving I could take 9 gallons of beer, even stout, from grain to glass in 21 days and 12 of those days would be bottle carbing.

But putting grain and yeast into a black box and having beer come out the other end isn't why I brew.

The kickstarter went live today; it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Looking at their Kickstarter isn't encouraging. I think they misrepresent their competitors, which is always a bad sign. The batch size is absurdly small and it seems to be built around prepackaged kits (nothing wrong with that of course, and it does allow you to build your own recipes)

I'm not sure why they are emphasising speed since there doesn't seem to be any feature that would increase the speed of your batch.

I'm not sure why they are emphasising speed since there doesn't seem to be any feature that would increase the speed of your batch.

They are offering an opportunity to save a week or two by carbonating while fermenting (though, of course, anyone can do that). I believe the "one week" claims are intended more to attract non-brewing folks (their primary market) to the concept of homebrewing.

They are offering an opportunity to save a week or two by carbonating while fermenting (though, of course, anyone can do that). I believe the "one week" claims are intended more to attract non-brewing folks (their primary market) to the concept of homebrewing.

That's my take away as well...it seems disingenuous to me. Especially so since I think that in most cases faster is not better.

Smaller batches tend to ferment out faster too - so since they're so tiny (max 5L batch size) it would ferment faster.

They mentioned that it is the only device to "brew and serve in one body" as if it's a benefit. All that means is that your machine is tied up while serving and you can't brew a second batch. This means that (depending on how fast you consume that up to 5L) you may end up waiting for beer more than serving beer because as soon as it's empty, you now have to wait another X days for a batch to brew/ferment/condition/carb. Or maybe that's the point - so that they can sell you 2 units - just like the "WilliamsWarn All-In-One Personal Brewery" (an extract based setup that boils and then serves all in one).

Forget about brewing anything that requires conditioning or lagering on this thing. Nobody's going to want to wait 4-8 weeks to lager a pils (for example). Or how about a RIS that you age for a year? (Not even sure if it could handle that sort of grain bill anyway). So these sorts of machines are ale only and only ales that do not need any sort of conditioning. This would cut out a massive amount of beer styles that you could produce. I'm completely guessing, but I bet there are at least 50% of beer styles you could not properly make with a machine like this.

Kal

Just got an e-mail from these folks(yeah, I signed up for updates for snits and giggles)..They have changed the name now to iGulu..WHAT?!?! WTF is that supposed to mean and how is it even pronounced?..Sheesh, and now showing a December 2016 roll out date..Anyway here is the link to scrutinize..

Just got an e-mail from these folks(yeah, I signed up for updates for snits and giggles)..They have changed the name now to iGulu..WHAT?!?! WTF is that supposed to mean and how is it even pronounced?..Sheesh, and now showing a December 2016 roll out date..Anyway here is the link to scrutinize..

iGulu? Sounds like the name of something from a Lovecraft horror story....

How did they hit their funding numbers? I just added up the backers and it doesn't get anywhere near 700k. OH nevermind says original backers originally pledged 700k on another platform and they were looking for more money I guess.

How did they hit their funding numbers? I just added up the backers and it doesn't get anywhere near 700k. OH nevermind says original backers originally pledged 700k on another platform and they were looking for more money I guess.

Yeah, they ran the first 'campaign' on kickstarter IIRC...

Back