• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Jersey Keggle Mash Tun & Tri-clamp Bottom Drain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmatics

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellow HBTers,

I got this stuff locally on a big purchase I made. I'm in the process of a new brew rig build, so I don't think I'm going to use this keggle/mashtun. Its a miller keg, clean cut up top, with a 1/2" npt weldless bulkhead about 6" from the base of the keg. The previous owner used it as a mash tun, and it is wrapped in insulation. I've brewed in it twice and it does a decent job of maintaining mash temps. I generally add a few quarts of hot water throughout the 60 min mash to maintain 155deg.

Bottom drain setup is a 2" tri-clamp, with a 3-pc stainless ball valve, fitted with a style F camlock. The hose is 1/2" silicon, and 3' length with cam C reduced barbs. The setup works great, its just redundant in my collection.

I will ship to CONUS via all major carriers. I'm located in 07023 (NJ).

Keggle/Mash tun with false bottom: $100 pickup, $125 shipped.
Bottom drain with 3pc valve: $45 shipped
Hose with camlocks: $15 shipped

20160308_183009.jpg

20160308_184156.jpg

20160308_212151.jpg

20160308_212231.jpg

20160308_213412.jpg

The total for this thing is going to be $125, I'm not sure how much it is exactly. I've shipped one before about a year ago, and its $20-$30, also its a pain as I gotta buy a large box, etc. People generally don't ship them for this reason, but I like the challenge. I figure its just easier to say $125 to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:
Is the pipe and nut on that false bottom stainless? I might be interested in the false bottom, bottom drain and hose. How much for those 3 shipped to 40245?

The pipe is stainless. I am not sure about the nut, I'll look more closely when I get home from work. The guy who built the rig I purchased was pretty meticulous, so I imagine it is SS, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

I'll ship all that stuff out for $65.

Back