BrewDog Brewing releases entire recipe catalog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcano

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Brewdog have published all their recipes.
You can download them in PDFs format from their website.
Brewdog.com
Then look for the DIY dog link.

Maybe some other craft breweries will take note and do the same.
Kudos to to BD!

Enjoy!

I've been reading through their PDF for the last hour. This is pretty awesome. I'm definitely going to try one of these recipes at some point. First I'll need to get into my Beersmith and see where some of the numbers land.

:rockin:

Wow. Very nice presentation on the PDF. Just to give out the recipes is cool enough but to put them in such a nice package (for free) is exceptional.

Good on ya Brew Dogs!

While it's true that many of our favorite breweries are very generous with homebrewers when it comes to their recipes, very few of them would release them in such a nice package.

This PDF so aesthetically pleasing, well put together, and full of useful information, that it could have easily been printed and sold in paperback form.

Thanks Brew Dogs for giving it away.

"In 2005, two guys and a dog began home brewing in a garage in North-Eastern Scotland. Two years and countless successes & failures later, BrewDog came howling into the world. Eight years after that - and more than 200 different beers later - we released the recipe and story behind every single one of those brews."

Website and PDF download link here:
https://www.brewdog.com/diydog

Frickin Awesome. One of the best recipe books I have ever seen. They should be totally supported and commended by homebrewers.

Super fun recipes.. 226 Pages worth...
a lot of "different" ones and plenty of solid standards. If I ever make it to the UK I will seek them out.

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing the link.

My brother cannot have alcohol but hates all the NA beers that you can find at the store. BrewDogs do the Nanny State beer that's .5% that I can now brew for him. He's very excited and I'm stoked I get to share my passion with him. We can finally have a brew day together which we can finally drink the finished product together. Priceless.

Untitledlel.png

Checked the pdf and it looks awesome, tons of experience and working combinations.
Although I've recognized that a lot of recipe mentions ph level below 5.0. Why is that? I'm confused... :)

Not too much proof-reading either. Noticed a few recipes missing ingredients or with the wrong amounts of malts (mostly from a kg.-lb. conversion).

Not looking a gift-horse in the mouth, though. This is fantastic.

Checked the pdf and it looks awesome, tons of experience and working combinations.
Although I've recognized that a lot of recipe mentions ph level below 5.0. Why is that? I'm confused... :)

As beer ferments its ph drops about a point. I don't know why they mention it though, I don't think it's necessary to mention it at all

It's pretty rad. I just came here to see if anyone posted about it. I downloaded the PDF and just thumbed through it (not literally since it's a PDF).

Kind of a newbie question but they say that their sours are "kettle soured". Is that a sour mash technique or a sour wort? Is that pre-boil? Just curious as I haven't really seen it phrased that way.

I was wondering about the pH's also. I thought theres no way those are correct. Then it hit me that it was post fermentation pH and not mash pH. If you read in the beginning they do however recommended shooting for a mash pH of 5.2, so maybe they do that for all.

Awesome. Just did a punk IPA clone two weeks ago. I actually got pretty close to the actual recipe. Ill be reading this for days!

Wow! 226 pages of recipes & stuff. Incredible. Yes, some points are a little vague (malts include "dark crystal" - really? How dark?), but overall this is a great resource.

Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait to compare this to the real deal once they start brewing in C-Bus.

Ha! show this to the "its a proprietary hop blend" thread

i put this on the other thread someone started but:
someone really needs to show this to the "its a proprietary hop blend" guy

Wow! 226 pages of recipes & stuff. Incredible. Yes, some points are a little vague (malts include "dark crystal" - really? How dark?), but overall this is a great resource.

Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait to compare this to the real deal once they start brewing in C-Bus.

It's not a malt at all, you need to find some of this stuff

latest

Thanks for letting know. Plenty of friends are addicted to their stuff.

I think it is pretty cool they did that, but like with any internet recipe you need to double check things. These are what I found after a quick look.

The trail baby saison looks to have too much grain for 3.6% ABV beer.

Organge blossom also seem to have too much grain for 3.8ABV, even further off when you add the honey, ABV does not match target OG/FG.

The sub session pale ale has typos in the pounds of malt malt column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back