Brooklyn hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anyone home brewed with this hop yet?

How did it go?

I got a packet the other day, but there is still little to no info out there about anyone actually using them, how they turned out etc...

EPIC have a Brooklyn hopped beer out if anyone in NZ wants to try it. About their only beer I haven't really enjoyed.

I'm yet to try it.
hopefully get a shot at GKBF in a couple of weeks.

I have100g in the freezer too. Will hopefully try it then decide what to make from there. Leaning towards a brown ale a this stage.

I have 1kg of Brooklyn, just brewed a IPA with them, 550grams in a 23L batch. Won't know until another two weeks on CO2. But they smelt very pungent. Tried my friend pale ale with Brooklyn and got subtle citrus flavours but a punch of passionfruit and over ripe pineapple. I think this hop will be a big hit.

I have 1kg of Brooklyn, just brewed a IPA with them, 550grams in a 23L batch. Won't know until another two weeks on CO2. But they smelt very pungent. Tried my friend pale ale with Brooklyn and got subtle citrus flavours but a punch of passionfruit and over ripe pineapple. I think this hop will be a big hit.

How did this turn out?

I had 100gm of these in my freezer, and on a whim decided to dryhop a Black IPA with them.
1 week kegged. results so far a promising, but a little under-whelming. I'll report again when fully carbed.

How did this turn out?

How did this turn out?

Hi there, this hop smelt and tasted like passionfruit and over ripe pineapple
with some orange after 1.5 weeks in the keg to stone fruit flavours like nectarine and peach along with the sweet orange after 3 weeks. I like it, but think it needs to play with a couple of other hops to get some better complexity.

cheers!

Hi Ed,

I'm in the same boat.
Might be worth another play around, but everyone I spoketo here said the same, and that it need something to pair with it.

Love your blog BTW, I actually posted a comment on the Brooklyn post :):)

Cheers man thanks.

Yea likely needs to be a complimentary hop, although I still think I got a bad bag, there is promise there. But the descriptions I read from the supplier were all wrong, at least for my tastes.

FYI - the name has changed.
It will hence forth be known as Moutere - at least the website has changed it to that.

Back