How can I mount a table top securely to a sanke keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsearle

Reaction score
As above, I have a table top and an old sanke keg that I'd like to turn into a table for my home bar, but am trying to decide on a secure method of fixing the two together?
Thanks

Toggle bolts?

[edit]

is this keg still in usable condition? What if you found a way to do this and still serve beer from it? ...would need some way to keep it cold

Pipe brackets. Either large ones from the electrical aisle or for fencing.

2hole-galvanized-pipe-strap-clamp.jpg

Or just pipe strap.

perforated-iron-hanger.jpg

Both taken through the existing handles in the chime.

Toggle bolts?

[edit]

is this keg still in usable condition? What if you found a way to do this and still serve beer from it? ...would need some way to keep it cold

The keg is in ok condition, but it's not close to my pumps/fridge/gas etc so unfortunately I don't think I can have it working. Shame as I would love a table with a tap mounted on top!

If you have a opening in the handle to tighten a cable tensioner, that might work. Attach a anchor point on the bottom of the table, then use a bar or long bolt slipped through the keg opening. By adjusting the cable tensioner, you will pull the two together. You could possibly by some very large butterfly anchors and use the wings off those.

Toggle bolts?

[edit]

The keg is in ok condition, but it's not close to my pumps/fridge/gas etc so unfortunately I don't think I can have it working. Shame as I would love a table with a tap mounted on top!

Pipe brackets. Either large ones from the electrical aisle or for fencing.

2hole-galvanized-pipe-strap-clamp.jpg

Or just pipe strap.

perforated-iron-hanger.jpg

Both taken through the existing handles in the chime.

Ahh this looks ideal! Don't why I hadn't thought of using this type of fixing, for some reason in my mind i had something involving a timber circle cut to seat inside the keg rim, but straps is definitely the way to go! Thanks

I have an idea for you, I use it to mount a control box to a keg

the keg has a lip, I drilled the lip, and bolted the round ceiling flange to the keg

screwed the gastite stub out bracket to the flange

bracket 001.jpg

IMAG0559.jpg

bracket 005.jpg

Latest posts

Back