DPDT Relay Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCHawgy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone. The attached picture is a Yuco DPDT relay I have going into my control panel to control the overall power to the box. I am fairly certain I have an understanding of how this relay works, but unfortunately I can't find anything that has this relay's connection points labeled or explained (thanks China!!). The NO and NC outputs are easy to identify. I just want to be sure that I have the common and coil connections identified before I hook up power to the box this weekend. I'm only using one pole in the setups since I'm only running 120vac. I might use both poles (hot and neutral) on the power-in relay, but haven't decided.

Another question, am I correct by wiring one wire to one coil connector and the other to the opposite coil connector with a NO switch in between thay ay when I close the switch, the current passes through the coil cause the relay to switch from the NC contact to the NO contact which then powers my box? Coil->Switch->Coil

Thanks for the help fellow brewers and builders.

View attachment 1447428943355.jpg

Back