Hello, New brewer seeking guidence

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reynardjon15

Reaction score
Hello

I'm new to home brewing and am trying to find a good way to make peach wine without breaking my bank account.

Me and my wife just bought a house and I'm not looking to spend a whole lot on making a peach wine as a gift for a friend.

I have already made three bottles of grape wine from grape juice so i understand the basics but since there isn't peach juice I'm not 100% sure what i can do. I would buy canned peaches but I am not sure how well they would do. I also don't want to buy a bunch of raw peaches because i would rather not deal with the preservatives and the wild yeast in the fruit.

Any input would be appreciated

Welcome to the board! Your question might be better posted in the wine section. If I were you I think I would try doing:

Make this https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14860
once you have this fermented I would either try adding peach snaps or maybe peach brandy to get the peach flavor. It might turn out horrible but that would be my first try. If you try this DO NOT just pour a bunch in there. You want to creep up on it. Add some wait a few days try it add a little more wait try and so on.

Another option you could try would be to get all natural canned peaches with out any preservatives blend those up and add those to your secondary.

Both of those are not peach wine but, might be ok alternatives.

If you have a local brew shop, probably the easiest way to brew a wine like this would be to buy a kit and go from that.. 1 gallon kits locally are about $30. That's not horrible for 5 bottles of wine. The local shop also sells various canned fruits for the purpose.

Otherwise, you will have to get peaches somehow and sanitize them some how.. sulfates are the easiest way if you don't want to cook them by pasteurizing them. Again, a local shop would have these chemicals. If you have done grape wines, you probably understand more than you think you do already.. good luck with it..

Here is a link to the product from my local shop.. you can also look at places like Midwest Supplies, Northern Brewer, etc. to get this.. this is already sanitized and I think it is what you are looking for...

http://www.biyhomebrewsupply.com/collections/wine-ingredient-kits/products/peachpuree

Fred

Back