experience with this Keg System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the flex keg system with the double bodied regulator. Had an issue with one of the kegs holding pressure, and I'm not thrilled with the regulator. Seems pretty unresponsive under 12 psi. The kegs have a fairly large diameter as well, probably around 9.25 inches. Midwest's customer support has been fantastic though. Replaced the leaky keg and have been troubleshooting the regulator.

If your are going with this I would upgrade to a taprite regulator. With a taprite you can get a rebuild kit when you need it so you can hand it down to your grandkids, something you cant do with the Governor®. I went with keg Connection because you can build your system. For 50$ more you get the same thing with a taprite regulator, two
shanks,two faucets and two drip trays.
http://www.kegconnection.com/2-faucet-fridge-homebrew-kegerator-kit/

I too went through keg connection for most of the pieces, including the taprite regulator.
However, being a cheap dude, I opted for used kegs from homebrewing.org and couldn't be happier.

Adventures in Homebrewing sells brand new kegs with rubber base and handle (something I very much prefer) for $75.

Micromatic sells their top end regulator for $60 or you can get a similar taprite regulator for $50 from other suppliers.

That's the meat of the system you linked.

Besides that there's a two-way manifold, gas quick disconnects, gas lines, beer quick disconnects and beer lines (that I'd put money on being too short). Disconnects run about $5 each. You can get a manifold f around $25.

Kegs $75x2 = 150
Regulator = 60 (top end)
manifold = 25
disconnects =20
lines (of appropriate length) $10-$20
$265-$275

I'd say you could get better stuff for less money.

Back