Craisin JAOM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arpolis

Reaction score
Hello all

I found myself completely out of JOAM and very low on my franken JAOM that is a blend of JOAM, lemon mead and orange blossom mead. So I decided to whip up a new batch of JOAM. But I have made several batches of traditional JOAM so I have recently over the past year or so have this itch to tweak the recipe a little.

This time I followed all steps outlined exactly in the original recipe except instead of 25 raisins I used 1.5 oz craisins (dried cranberries). I got a little worried when I went digging in my cabinet and found two packets of flieschmanns active dry yeast but the expiration was for March... 2013! I pitched both packages just in case. I expected for there to be slow activity and to not see much until tomorrow. I turn around to start a batch of cranberry wine and no more than 5 minutes later and there is foam coming out of the airlock! Looks like this JOAM is well on its way. It looks exactly like any other JOAM right now. If the color changes or I get anything different I will post it here. But to be honest I do t think it will be much different. We will see here in about 3 months.

Back