my beer is just dripping out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tolbert

Reaction score
got the danby costco kegerator the other day. it keeps my 5gal corny at 40 deg F.

i have had my homebrew being carbed at 13-15psi co2 for 3 days now. it just slowy, almost drips out of the tap? is there something wrong with my setup? kind of want more to come out...

There could be several things wrong, starting with the fact that it's only been on the gas for 3 days. Did you burst carb or just set and forget? If set and forget, 2 weeks is when it should be fully carbonated.

If burst carbed:
Is there a leak in the system? Is there co2 left in your tank?

Is it a hoppy beer? The dip tube could have a clog in it.

Carbed up or not, it should still flow out at a steady rate. My money is on something block or assembled incorrectly.

only carbed at 13-15psi, thought it would take 5-7 days not two weeks..dang. its only like a 5ft beer line too, but that shouldnt matter right?

its a very clear, non hoppy beer, no clogs.

There could be several things wrong, starting with the fact that it's only been on the gas for 3 days. Did you burst carb or just set and forget? If set and forget, 2 weeks is when it should be fully carbonated.

If burst carbed:
Is there a leak in the system? Is there co2 left in your tank?

Is it a hoppy beer? The dip tube could have a clog in it.

cant imagine a leak. co2 bottle was full, still around full.

Pull the pressure release pin. If the keg is indeed pressurized check the long dip tube and tap for clogs. Has to be something simple.

Beer line partially frozen? My Kegco will freeze a beer line pretty quick if I let them get too close to the chill plate inside.

Corney used previously? Dip tube and poppets cleaned? Could be old crud.

yes, used. i never checked those things...

Pull the pressure release pin. If the keg is indeed pressurized check the long dip tube and tap for clogs. Has to be something simple.

is it ok now to open up and touch the stuff? does it have to be sanitized again if i open and pull the tube out?

Beer line partially frozen? My Kegco will freeze a beer line pretty quick if I let them get too close to the chill plate inside.

def not, tube is nowhere near.

is it ok now to open up and touch the stuff? does it have to be sanitized again if i open and pull the tube out?.

Yes. Sanitize the heck out of it as you take it apart, before you put it together and as you put it together. A spray bottle of star San is fantastic for this. Drench everything.

Be sure to vent the pressure before you try to open anything.

Yes. Sanitize the heck out of it as you take it apart, before you put it together and as you put it together. A spray bottle of star San is fantastic for this. Drench everything.

Be sure to vent the pressure before you try to open anything.

will opening it up ruin the 3 days ive carbed for? will i have to start the process all over again?

i disassembled another one i had, cleaned/sani. auto siphoned into that one. flowing fine. i gotta take this keg apart and see what the issue was. thanks guys.

/thread

.... its only like a 5ft beer line too, but that shouldnt matter right? ....
This might not matter in relation to the likely clog but it will certainly matter once beer is flowing freely. Rule of thumb is about 1 foot of 3/16" ID beer line per 1psi of carbonation. That 5ft line will likely result in overly foamy pours. YMMV

Had the same issue my supply beer line was kink behind tap, spun the feed line counter clockwise and the beer was flowing!!

Back