another burst carb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attyindaburgh

Reaction score
So life and poor planning got the best of me. I Have 5 gallons of sierra Nevada clone that I dry hopped Saturday morning, I started cold crashing tues. am and put gelatin in the corney this am (weds.) I was thinking of putting it on 30 psi either tonight (weds ) or Thursday am, hoping to have it ready for a party Saturday afternoon. Doable? I wish I had more time to do it right, but **** happens. Any suggestions?

I usually keep it on 30 for 24-48 hours and then bleed the keg down to serving pressure. It's not fully carbed after the first few days but it's definitely drinkable and after 3-4 days it's good enough for my tastes! 3 days at 30 is probably too much in my experience.

My two cents:

If you decide to shake/roll carb it, do it at your serving pressure. Much lower chance of over-carbing.

Yeah if you put it at 30 psi at fridge temps for 48 hours then reduce to serving pressure it should be pretty good.

So keg it tonight (weds) and put it on 30 psi, shut gas off Friday night, bleed it and put the gas back on at 12 psi (serving pressure. ) transport to party and drink it Saturday. Correct?

Yeah that sounds like a good plan to me. I would give it a check on Friday night to see if it's good. If not, leave it overnight. But I think it should be good.

Bled the keg tonight and after 24 hours, I had a nice head but not much else. Put it back on 30 psi and we will see tomorrow night how it is.

I keg at triple my serving pressure for roughly 48 hours, bleed and serve and have good results consistently. Hope it works out for you!

My regular carbing routine is 30 pounds for 36 - 40 hours, then at serving pressure. My beers are keezer temp when I start. After 36-40 hours, carbonation is a touch low. But, I (and maybe homebrewer friends) am the only one that notices.

No shaking or rolling.

I tried it tonight and it seemed good. After bleeding, I put it onto 12 psi. The beer was at fridge temps when I started carbing. Let's see how it is tom.

So I took it to the party and everyone liked it. Funny how people asked me if I added oranges to it, nope, just hops. Hopefully there is some left for today.

Back