When is it finished?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

globe

Reaction score
Well i know i may be impatient at the moment but I brewed a standard sour 60/40 two row/wheat February 1st. I then pitched a vial of bug country and fermented at 70ish for a week or so. Then I just let it sit in my basement until now(basement is 55 to 60).

I am moving so i transferred the beer to a keg so it doesn't get oxygenated during the move. Anyways i checked the gravity and it is already at 1.006 (OG 1.054), and its pretty sour. Its also already in a keg now so its tempting to carb and go at it. It tastes great to me btw, the nose isnt really complex at all though.

My question is will the bugs continue to help the beer if there is not much gravity to chew on left, is it crazy to drink it this soon when it tastes great already?

You can go ahead and drink it if you're happy with the flavor. It definitely will get more complex over time. I usually let my wild beers go 3-4months before I start tasting them. Since you have a keg you wont need to worry about additional attenuation causing bottle bombs

Back