Regulator Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just replace that valve that leaks when you turn on the gas and start there. I don't think that there is anything wrong with the regulator itself.

Video shows more than a 1000 words... Thank you!

It doesn't "drop" to 60, it drops past 0 like -20. The 0-stop (little pin) in the dial must have disappeared.

It looks to me the pressure relief valve is faulty. I have one from a different brand that is a bit touchy too above 30 psi.

There's a spring in there. Maybe it's stuck or the seal is not seating right.

It doesn't "drop" to 60, it drops past 0 like -20. The 0-stop (little pin) in the dial must have disappeared.

Agreed, but it looks like the 0-stop pin is still there and the pointer somehow got on the wrong side of the pin. Remove the clear plastic cover and gently pull the tip of the pointer up and rotate it clockwise so that it is on the other side of the pin. Then turn the gas back on and see where the gage reads. It could be that you have the pressure set too high (exceeding the P-R valve release pressure), but you didn't know it because the pointer would not go past the stop pin @ zero. If, after fixing the gage pointer and decreasing the reg pressure all the way down to where the pointer rests at zero with all pressure vented, the P-R valve continues to vent pressure, then the P-R valve should be replaced.

Latest posts

Back