Two Ripple Elements In Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMannion87

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of switching out the elements in my eKeggle. I was previously using the stubby 1500w Camco elements but I want to switch to using the 5550w element seen here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...11189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B000BPG4LI

The only issue is I have the elements positioned directly across from one another. Has anyone successfully installed two of these elements in a setup like this? I'm assuming some element bending will be necessary, but any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Should have mentioned I'll be running them at 120v, hence the need for two.

photo.JPG

First of all for $10 an element more you can get SS base elements. Second, why do you ned 11kw of heat in a keggle? You should be able to bend them fine, but that is a ton of input.

Does anyone here have experience bending these elements successfully? I'd like to make sure it's possible before pulling the trigger on them. Thanks!

You should buy those from Bobby. I buy them in the big kid sizes. I bought one that was manufactured wrong and called today for a replacement. Bobby didn't bat an eye and shipped out a replacement immediately. I've used lots of Bobby's products and this was the first problem I've had. And with that support I don't care how many problems I have. I will continue to buy stuff from Bobby.

Cheers!

So I pulled the triggered and ordered two of the stainless elements from Bobby. Any trick to giving them a slight bend or are they bendable by hand? Thanks!

When bending don't put all the stress in one spot - spread it out. elements bend fairly easily.

Kal

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I was able to successfully bend two of the 1500w stainless elements from Bobby.

20150705_131601.jpg

Back