Help with bar design

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nameless

Reaction score
I'm taking a stab at building a pseudo-portable pseudo-bar/counter/tap/coffee thing. I'm decent from a technical standpoint with building things, but pretty terrible at coming up with imaginative ideas. Any input/opinions/critiques/whatever are welcome.

The background: the place I moved into has a large kitchen but with virtually no counter or storage space, so this is multi-purpose. I like the industrial and steampunk styles and tried to imagine along those lines, hence the steel pipe structure.

The counter top will be half of an elevator door that I snagged from craigslist, pictured below. I have another identical half that I thought about using as a splash guard and to mount some lights in, but the brick looks pretty cool. The blue thing is an Astra inline chiller. The taps will be normal beer line running through rigid copper pipes which will have a couple small brackets to keep them from moving much.

The whole thing will be powered, both for the appliances and for the lighting up top.

The issues:

-The kegs and chiller...I need to do something with them. I was thinking a metal grating type thing around them, or maybe a small cart I could set them on to easily roll everything in and out. That seems a lot easier than building a support structure.

-The lights. I was intending on using the ubiquitous Edison bulbs, but regardless, angled like this makes me think of a bathroom, Rotated down seems to take up too much space. The top of the pipe on the left side is pretty much the height of the ceiling, so I don't have much to work with.

-Glasses...I'd like to have some glassware on there, and really above the espresso stuff is the only place. Any inventive ideas on a rack? I thought about dropping the espresso stuff to the counter to free up more space above, but that basically takes up the half the space.

So....help?

20150208_092554.jpg

bar4d.jpg

bar4d2.jpg

Latest posts

Back