Coopers Euro Lager Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermonster83

Reaction score
Hello All, after a little advice on my Coopers Euro Lager please.

Have bottled mine after 18 days in primary (OG1045 to FG1010) at 12 - 13C, although had to lift to 16C to finish ferment.

Now been in the bottles at 18C carbing up/conditioning for the last 8 days.

What should I do next? Keep them at 18C or drop to lagering temperatures for the next 8 weeks +

I've read some conflicting things and got a little confused :smack:

My understanding is that these kits come with ale yeast even though they are called lagers. If that is the case, you can chill then to serving temp and drink. If I am incorrect (it's happened before), yes, you need to lager. General rule of thumb is one week per 10 gravity points. So 4.5 weeks for 1.045.

If it is an ale yeast being used, you still may want to give it another 2 weeks or so at room temp to fully carbonate.

Yeah, I'd give them a couple more weeks at room temperature to carbonate. After that, you could drop the temperature and cold condition them for a while to drop out anything suspended in solution still, but it's probably not absolutely necessary.

Thanks. The Euro lager actually comes with a lager yeast, so will give them another week or so then put them in the cold - this is what I was planning but started to doubt myself!

Cheers

Back