Gallo family summer white clone???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonia

Reaction score
Hi guys, my mate has asked me if I could brew her something similiar to the gallo family summer white wine.
Does anyone have a rough recipe for a clone?

Bonia,
It appears that their Summer White is made from a blend of Moscato and Riesling grapes with an ABV of 5.5%, this won't be hard to clone except the grape season is over.
You could get a juice bucket each of Moscato and Riesling and ferment them separately, then blend them, but not knowing how comfortable you are with that, it might be easier to get a Winexpert Island Mist kit, these are usually low in ABV, they are available in many different blends, and to be honest, these are the only kits that I've tasted that didn't have the pronounced kit taste.
The Exotic Fruits White Zinfandel and Slight White are fairly good semisweet wines, ready in 4 weeks.
Check them out here :Island Mist Kits

Awesome, thanks for the help mate.
Will look into it, never blended separate wines before, so will look at the island mist kit

Back