What did Santa bring you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta wrap a couple gifts yet. Son & his fiance are supposed to stop over this morning. Had to finish getting ready for that. Wife & I are only ones up...Merry Christmas, y'all! :mug:

Mrs Claus made Santa Claus get a whole new brewery setup with his bonus. (3) 20 gallon Bru Gear pots with herms and false bottom, two pumps, 2 new burners, tri clover sanitary fittings, plate chiller, etc. ordered everything last weekend and pieces are starting to filter in! Since Santa is always doing things for others with his bonuses, she wouldn't let him do anything but a brewery this time (like she had to twist his arm). With the goal of going all electric by the end of next year! Oh, and some new underwear!

Happy holidays everyone!

I got the following:

-"Beer, Food, and Flavor" by Schuyler Schultz
-Collaboration No. 4 Saison by Boulevard and Ommegang
-2 bottle openers
-Subscription to a Rare Beer of the Month Club

And my favorite...

A hand drawn picture of me in 'Beer Wonderland' by my 6 year old. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419518442.219405.jpg
The beer on the right is corked BTW. I love her attention to detail.

Mrs Claus made Santa Claus get a whole new brewery setup with his bonus. (3) 20 gallon Bru Gear pots with herms and false bottom, two pumps, 2 new burners, tri clover sanitary fittings, plate chiller, etc. ordered everything last weekend and pieces are starting to filter in! Since Santa is always doing things for others with his bonuses, she wouldn't let him do anything but a brewery this time (like she had to twist his arm). With the goal of going all electric by the end of next year! Oh, and some new underwear!

Happy holidays everyone!

Sounds like Mrs. Claus is AWESOME!

:)

sour_pr-600x374.jpg

I asked for recipe kits from norther brewer for my little 5 gallon partial mash production. I got two kits. A 10 gallon igloo mash tun with all the fixins, a 5 gallon keg, a 2.5 gallon keg, bottle and Carboy drying racks, beer cling labels, tons of caps, ipa glassware. Just. Overwhelmed. Time to step up my game...

"We're gonna need a bigger pot..."

I got the following:

-"Beer, Food, and Flavor" by Schuyler Schultz
-Collaboration No. 4 Saison by Boulevard and Ommegang
-2 bottle openers
-Subscription to a Rare Beer of the Month Club

And my favorite...

A hand drawn picture of me in 'Beer Wonderland' by my 6 year old. View attachment 244237
The beer on the right is corked BTW. I love her attention to detail.

That rocks any gift on here! Your a lucky dad!!

A portable phone charger, Amazon Fire TV and a season of Brew Dogs to stream on it. "Hello, How are you?":ban:

Bonus made a starter last night and brewing tomorrow.:D

I have a birthday a couple days before Christmas, so I scored double. I received copies of Yeast, Hops and Malt (to go with Water, which I read last year) and a very generous gift card to Northern Brewer, which I promptly put toward the purchase of their new Maelstrom stir plate. I was planning on getting the Vortex one, but at the retail store, they had a Maelstrom demo on the counter showing it effortlessly (and quietly) spinning 5L of liquid, so I opted for that.

We shall see what Santa has in store when we get to the in-laws' later today. Merry Christmas, all!

EDIT: And due to an unforseen menu change for Christmas Eve dinner, my Mom asked SWMBO and me "Would you be able to use that 4 lb. rib roast?" Yes. Yes we will. Now the question is: Do I cook it as a roast, or slice it into two 2-inch thick, bone-in rib steaks?

How did they know? They didn't! That's why I got 3 gift cards to my lhbs and 1 to the our local craft beer store! Perfect gifts!

Not sure yet because we're waiting on someone else to get here to open gifts. I didn't ask for much but I know I got my LL bean slippers because they shipped them with obvious stickers.

I hope everyone is having a great day so far.

Woohoo....

Got a bench bottle capper
one of those metal thingees for adding hops to a boil
fastrack tray system for cleaning bottles
64 oz glass growler
Starsan

Sweet... I need to bottle tomorrow!

A set of eight tasting glasses. Now I have to up my game and figure out how to keep four or five beers on tap all the time.

Also, fast racks and trays for my bombers. Have 'em for the 12oz bottles and I love them.

Happy holidays everyone!
Okay, I'm happy for you, what a great wife. She got you electric underwear.

Got a kit for doing 1-gal test batches and an oxygenation set-up (wand, stone, tubing, regulator). Other stuff too, but that was the beer-related stuff...all that I ask for! Now...what recipe to try first....

Actually, I did quite well myself; I got a "Homebrew Beer Recipe Journal," a new 18 month Doberman Calendar, (I loves me some Dobies) Heidi is a Black and Tan, 96 pound female with the sweetest temperament, unless you try to come into the back yard; then you become dog chow. Mrs. Clause brought me a Ryobi, 18 volt Li-Ion circular saw, YAY! I now have a 1/2" drill, a reciprocating saw, a circular saw, 2 batteries and a charger. I am very happy. Time to build stuff!

My son & his fiance showed up a while ago & gave me a 5 quart Lodge cast iron dutch oven! Now I finally got one for stuff over the coals while the meat low-n-slows to the left. Oooowooow is that good booze...:mug:

The home brewery made out today.
Cool brewing bag
3 gallon carboy
Stainless racking cane
42" stainless mash paddle
The water and american sours books
Bungs for my bung holes
Some ingredients
Pretty stoked about everything. The mash paddle is starting to inspire me to turn that 35 gallon pressure cooker my father in law has in storage into a mash tun.
Merry Christmas cyber friends

Santa brought me lots of goodies. Second edition Homebrewers companion. Gift card to north brewer. Gift card to LHBS. Wooden six pack holder with bottle opener on side.

I got a one gallon brew kit from World Market, from my extremely wealthy step-son. He knows I have been making beer for years, even seen my BIAB set up. Oh well, looks like I'll be making a one gallon batch of Irish Stout. Never used one of these kits. Wonder if it'll be better than my 5 gallon batches.

My son & his fiance showed up a while ago & gave me a 5 quart Lodge cast iron dutch oven! Now I finally got one for stuff over the coals while the meat low-n-slows to the left. Oooowooow is that good booze...:mug:

I gave my wife a dutch oven too..... She wasn't very appreciative, gagged, and slapped me upside the head!

I got a ton of beer glasses - some rustic stoneware mugs, and a set of these pint glasses that have beer puns on them. For example, one has a bear with antlers :)
I also got "Brew like a monk", "Scotch Ale", and a new pH meter!

Back