Review of 3.3 GPM Pump-Only $26.99 from Amazon!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan249

Reaction score
I started home brewing about 2 years ago, and this site has given a lot to me!! Thought I would share my recent review of my new pump that hopefully can save you time and money on your next brew!! I was so impressed with it that I have 2 more on order! Enjoy!! :mug:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8OVLrJFVzw[/ame]

For convenience here's the link for those who can't/won't click thru to the YouTube page: link

I have been considering this pump for a while, but doubted its power. Now that I see what it can do I think I might just give it a try...

It seems that the pump casing is made from ABS plastic (that's what it states in the technical specifications). While ABS plastic is pretty stable, it's OK for some food contact until it becomes heated, that's when it becomes a bit dicey. Some will say that the ABS plastic is NOT suitable for food grade if it becomes heated (hot wort, hot water, etc) and some say it's safe. There are a number of different grades of ABS plastic and the ones that are food safe will have an FDA stamp for food contact. I'm not sure that these "approved" as food safe, only what the seller is saying what he uses them for.

EDIT: I just looked at the solar pumps and the wetted parts are made with Hi-Temp Ryton Plastic- PPS which is food grade which is probably why the US Solar pumps are more expensive.

DO NOT BUY!!! After further research, the manufacturer informed me that this is not food grade, although rated for food transfer on Amazon. The rep has suggested another model that is the same, but food safe. I will be providing an updated link soon.

DO NOT BUY!!! After further research, the manufacturer informed me that this is not food grade, although rated for food transfer on Amazon. The rep has suggested another model that is the same, but food safe. I will be providing an updated link soon.

figures.... I have been using one for almost a year... looks like Im buying a third "
tan FDA approved one for $18 identical to this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-Elec...159?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cea502ec7
. I use two of them now and the flow really is comparable to this same black one reviewed here...
these tan ones do have coated magnets unlike the black ones above.

Ebay link is broken. I'm going straight to the manufacturer. Getting them for even cheaper, but will take about 3-4 weeks to arrive. Depending ont he quality, I may order 40 of them and sell them off.

Luckily, I work with a person who knows Chinese and they translated for me after a week of attempted emails and chat. Their translation software is horrible. If I can get enough interet, I'll sell them for for probably 25-30 a piece on HBT

Since everyone seems not be reading the complete thread...

Latest posts

Back