Best use of space for this upright freezer ferm chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seedubxj

Reaction score
It's a 15.8 cu ft. The bottom panel slopes up in the rear, making it a smidge too shallow to place a carboy. I'm thinking a small platform would work to gain a few more inches. I'd like to get 4 carboys in here. Anybody have a brilliant idea? Pics? Links? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409196820.728215.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1409196831.840309.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1409196843.720290.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Also, what is the correct LOVE controller I should order for dual stage control? I have an STC 1000 for my other chamber, but am wanting to give the LOVE a shot this time around.

Perhaps drill a few holes in it and use as both a beer server and fermentor.
A long time ago a had a similar issue with getting a 16 gal sanke fitting in a fridge.
Had a peice of thick sheet metal bent to make a platform to raise the front end to even up with the back end of the slope. I'm sure the same could be done with wood & superglue.

Perhaps drill a few holes in it and use as both a beer server and fermentor.
A long time ago a had a similar issue with getting a 16 gal sanke fitting in a fridge.
Had a peice of thick sheet metal bent to make a platform to raise the front end to even up with the back end of the slope. I'm sure the same could be done with wood & superglue.

I also have a 20+ cu ft upright I'll be using for serving/bottle storage. I'll play around with a few ideas for a shelf I guess.

Anybody have advice on the LOVE situation?

Love TSS2-2100 is the dual stage 110VAC model. I've been running my ferm fridge with it for a few years, works perfectly and has an excellent probe (long heavy wire terminated with stainless steel). I stuffed it in a project box with a Leviton duplex outlet in the back. Picture shows the Ranco single stage it replaced the first winter when I needed heat in the fridge...

Cheers!

LOVE_TSS2-2100.jpg

Love TSS2-2100 is the dual stage 110VAC model. I've been running my ferm fridge with it for a few years, works perfectly and has an excellent probe (long heavy wire terminated with stainless steel)...

Cheers!

Great, thanks! Best place to get one?

As for the bottom half of your freezer, my two brew fridges needed platforms to maximize their volume as well. If you're careful you can attach cleats to the side wall liners, place a plywood sheet on them, then fabricate supports to fit between the shelf and the floor to take nearly all of the weight. If needed you could also attach a cleat to the hump liner to help support the back edge of the shelf...

Cheers!

ab_aug_02_2014_13.jpg

Latest posts

Back