Aging Wyeast 3724

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtlyons11

Reaction score
Hello All

I've got a Saison going with 3724. I've kept the heat up, and it seems to be moving along nicely. I hope to get it under 1.010 after 4-5 weeks in the primary. My question is where do I go from here? I like the idea of letting it sit for a while. Do I...

Rack to carboy for longer term aging? If so, do I need the higher temps still or are high 60's ok at this point?

Rack to bottles for aging? If so, what temp?

Thanks for your thoughts!

If you're going for Dupont (you are using their yeast, after all), I would think bottles. Dupont ages for 6-8 weeks in bottles before release. They do not secondary very long (1-2 weeks).

My experience with my last saison with Dupont yeast is that it didn't change much after a couple months in bottles. YMMV.

Check out this long and informative link on their history and techniques: http://drinkbelgianbeer.com/breweries/brussels-and-wallonia/the-brasserie-dupont-story

Back