Mini Fridge/kegerator with 6 Faucets?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outside92129

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So my trusty 2 faucet DIY kegerator just wasn't cutting it anymore, so I hacked off the two tap tower and tagged on a 6 Perlick T-tower. It's fed by six 5-gal corny kegs which are obviously not all inside the converted wine fridge. But where are they?

(the picture isn't cutting anything off at the bottom, and the big black box on the left is a 1200lb safe that only holds things that keep the beer safe : )

tn_IMG_0809.jpg

The door/step in the man-garage is an addition so i cast in a 2" pipe that serves as conduit for the co2 and beer lines (i should have made it 3" to account for insulation). I picked up a narrow (27" wide) commercial cooler off craigslist (True GDM-23) and popped a hole in the bottom for the lines, the fridge is capable of holding 10 corny kegs.

In the mini-fridge there is a plastic (key!) 2gal reservoir and a computer-CPU cooler pump (Swiftech MCP350 - very quiet!) which circulates RV/food grade glycol between the two fridges as well as the cooling plates inside the tower (an ebay score). I originally used an aluminum reservoir but within a couple of weeks it corroded significantly, i looked for an inexpensive stainless container but nothing came up in the time frame i needed it. On the left wall/bottom of the commercial fridge you can see the pink fluid in the line, the positioning of the line can also tell me if the fluid runs out, etc.

The 20lb CO2 is on top of the tall fridge (and chained up), a freebie regulator drops pressure to ~25psi (not necessary but it easily adds a valve for tank switching and also lets me mount the "beer pressure" regs in a convenient place away from the tank). The one thing that i spent "real" cash on is the secondary regulator bank (Micromatic 1164). One reg for the mini-fridge, one for carbing, and two for the tall fridge to serve at different pressures.

And i labeled the heck out of everything to reduce confusion - there are 9 co2 lines, 8 beer lines, 1+4 regs, and 3 manifolds.

To do list:
1) strengthening the rack in the tall fridge. It doesn't look like it can handle 5 full kegs.
2) Add another manifold for an expanded carbing station.

tn_IMG_0810.jpg

tn_IMG_0808.jpg

Back