Clone recipe info needed - Foster's, Labatt's, and Molson

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInCtown

Reaction score
Looking to find the clone recipes for Foster's, Labatt's, and Molson. The Clone recipe book appears to have the recipe for Fosters, but I didn't see a full listing on line for all three in one place. A supplier in Austin Tx sells clone kits for two of them, but I really don't feel like ordering a kit from Tx when I could get all the supplies locally and support local.

If anyone can supply the recipe and brewing instructions for these I would appreciate it. (I did not see in the recipe section and a search for Foster's didn't help much)

Thanks,
Mike

I think the "gross" statement is intended to imply that he does not care for the beers you want the recipes for. It is also intended to imply that you can and should be able to make better beer than these examples. It is not hard to do either :) in my humble opinion.

Labatt's and Molson's are breweries. They make many different types of beers under the brewery name. To me they all taste much the same, but they're all American Lager type of beers, much like Budweiser, Miller and Coors. Those are fairly difficult beers to brew because of all the adjunct (rice and corn) and the lagering process that requires very cold fermentation and conditioning.

I suspect that if you get a recipe for an American lager and if you give that a go, it will be challenging enough. If you are able to master that process you can try tweaking it to get something closer to what you're looking for. You could find say, a Budweiser recipe and maybe add a little more malt or adjuncts to get the ABV up to a Canadian lager strength.

Realistically, you won't be able to make anything close to these beers without investing in some specific equipment. I don't lager often and only do so because I have the equipment - for more than making lagers - and the goal to make a beer that is both challenging and time-consuming to brew well.

I generally just buy my lagers from the breweries and enjoy them a lot that way. Regardless, don't let the realities stop you from trying, but it's not cheap to get it right. In the end, if you like your beer, it's good.

:mug:

I have two Labatts clone recipes (all grain and partial mash) I found somewhere (can't remember). They're in Beersmith 2 format.

Also Midwest sells a Fosters clone recipe kit. Navigate to it and you should be able to see the grain bill in the pic of the box. Then download the instruction pdf from that page.

Hope this helps.

:mug:

View attachment Labatts Clone.bsmx

View attachment Labatts Clone P.M..bsmx

For the Foster's, I think your supposed to start with a corona clone and then pee into the secondary. Then leave it in the sun for a few days before kegging.

Back