Need help connecting Blichmann Beer Gun to CO2 Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happypanties

Reaction score
Can someone please help me understand what part I need to connect the CO2 tube to my CO2 regulator?

Below is a picture of the tube provided in the accessory kit and the regulator I want to connect it to (see http://morebeer.com/products/dual-gauge-co2-regulator-taprite.html?site_id=5).

The instructions for the beer gun suggest getting a CO2 Tee and splitting the line to the keg and beer gun off of one CO2 tank. Because of my kegerator setup, this is difficult for me. So I want to use a second CO2 tank specifically for the beer gun. However I am somewhat "plumbingly" challenged and was unable to find a sufficient connector at Home Depot. My thoughts were that the barbed fitting on the regulator needs to come off and a new fitting to replace it that fits the regulator and the nut on the hose.

Has anyone done this and know exactly what I need?

image1-62200.jpg

The thing is.. You need to have two sources of CO2. The CO2 going to the keg to push the beer out, and CO2 going to the beer gun to enable it to "inject" CO2 into the bottles.

What is on the end of your hose now is a NPT threaded swivel nut which would go into one if these
http://www.homebrewing.org/Shut-Off-14-MPTx14-MFL-W-Check_p_3898.html

But you could also just remove that from the hose and connect the hose directly to the barb on the regulator.

But that would still only be one of the two sources of CO2. You'd need something like this so you could connect two hoses to the same tank.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392596086.992457.jpg
Hope this helps.

- ISM NRP

But if you do have 2 tanks and two regulators and all you're trying to do is connect what is on the picture, just remove that swivel nut and push the line right into that barb.

- ISM NRP

Thanks Ivan that part you linked to is exactly what I was trying to find, and the integrated shut off valve is a bonus!

To clarify, I do have two tanks. In fact I overlooked that my other regulator had the exact connection I needed for the beer gun. So my solution was simply switch regulators, DOH!!! See pic below.

image1-62208.jpg

Back