leftovers recipe assistance?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingboomer

Reaction score
I have some leftover DME, hops, and crystal malt from a graff brew. I'm wondering what I could make with it?

1LB wheat DME
1LB amber DME
.5 LB 120L crystal malt
.5 oz saaz pellets (4.3 I do believe)

1 packet S04

I don't need to use everything, this is just what I have. I'm thinking 2 or 2.5 gallons, whichever is feasable. Thanks for all your help guys!

-Kingboomer

I would lose the crystal 120 and and just the the DME and Saaz to make a wheat beer.

50:50 - wheat (wheat DME) : 2-row (or DME) and saaz make a good beer.
Maybe make a 2 gallon batch and put 0.25 oz of saaz at 60 minutes and 0.25 oz at 10 minutes.

Other than that I don't know. Sounds like a trip to the home-brew store might be in order.

cheers

Yeah, I could also get some more apple juice and make another graff I guess lol. Funds are kinda non-existent until I get my taxes done, and I have an itch to brew something. I may just leave out the 120 and do an amber wheat. Thanks!

-Kingboomer

OK, so I wound up useing about an ounce of the 120L crystal, 60 min boil at 2 gallons (just about filled my biggest pot!!!), topped up to 2.25 gallons and got an OG of 1.058. I typed the specifics in tastybrew's calculator and it came within specs for a dunkel, so unless there's any objections that's what I'm going with :D. IF I can get my hands on a camera I'll post a pic of the finished product and tasting notes.

-Kingboomer

Sounds good! I'm a big fan of "kitchen sink" beers. Throw in all the leftover ingredients and see what happens.

I bet you come out with something tasty.

Back