Flavor Bombs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1batt1

Reaction score
I was just browsing my LHBS's website and came across somethig called flavor bombs. http://www.theflavorbomb.com/ is the product website. I was wondering if anyone has used them and if so what they thought of them. Seems like a good way to experiment with hops and other flavor additions in small amounts so you don't have to worry about a large amount coming out with weird flavors.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

I wonder how much of a PITA it would be to get out of the bottle afterwards? And just imagine the looks you would get after your buddy poured one of your homebrew's into a glass to see that thing left in the bottle, lol. In all seriousness though, its a good idea.

I used these in two growlers and it took the carbonation away not sure how they work with bottles though

I wonder how much of a PITA it would be to get out of the bottle afterwards? And just imagine the looks you would get after your buddy poured one of your homebrew's into a glass to see that thing left in the bottle, lol. In all seriousness though, its a good idea.

They have instructions and I believe a YouTube tutorial on how to remove them. I haven't looked at it but I'm with you they are probably a PITA.

I used these in two growlers and it took the carbonation away not sure how they work with bottles though

How did they kill the carb? What did you put in them?

I'm not sure why it killed the carbonation I had an esb and I added EKG pellet hops the first two pours were not bad but after 3-4 hours the last pour was very flat I have not tried with leaf hops I don't know if they would work better or not

Hahahahaha that looks like something else I wouldn't want to put in a bottle! :D
Drewski - I would expect any beer to be flat after being open for 3-4 hours.

I know of a brewery that uses these hop tampons for dry hopping trials. Haven't used them myself though.

I'm not sure why it killed the carbonation I had an esb and I added EKG pellet hops the first two pours were not bad but after 3-4 hours the last pour was very flat I have not tried with leaf hops I don't know if they would work better or not

Maybe with the extra surface area of the piece the co2 was pulled out of solution and bubbled off? Kind of like the etchings you see in the bottom of some glasses that cause the bubbles to stream up from the bottom?

Latest posts

Back