Yeastcalc.com Down?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kblankenship11

Reaction score
I am brewing this weekend and I did my usual starter ritual by going to yeastcalc.com first. I got an error page when the site loaded.

Does anyone know who hosts this site? Can we donate to bring it back? Has it moved? I searched all over the forums and couldn't find anything related to this so I apologize if someone has already noticed this.

awwww.. dang.

Did you email or call that number on there?

Actually, let's give them a couple hours. Hopefully just some site maintenance. Adding features or something?

It looks more like the web registration has expired. I hope it goes back up. I use it for every batch.

Same here. I know of others but I prefer yeastcalc. Should be a simple web re-registration but I have no idea who created it...

Yeah, I really liked the ability to do stepped starters on yeast calc, and I preferred Kai's stirplate formula to Jamil's.

yeah i'm bummed, yeastcalc IMO was much better than mr malty. i could input starter size and it would spit back the amount of yeast i was gonna get, ideal when using multiple steps. damn i hope it comes back soon

I thought the owner of yeastcalc was a member here?? Maybe we can find out what is going on. I love using his site!!

Has anyone else noticed that yeastcalc.com is down?!?

I use this exclusively for my starter calculations and it was down yesterday when I wanted to run the numbers for my starter this week, and it's still down today. I don't really like the mrmalty calculator. It's telling me 1.3 liter starter, but no guidance on grams DME?

Yeastcalc belongs to hbt member Sulli. According to his profile he hasn't been on hbt since last June, which doesn't bode well for the likelihood that yeastcalc will be back online anytime soon.

I hope that no one swooped in and stole the site address from them if the reg did expire

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

I suppose a stale DNS cache on the working computer - or using a DNS server with a stale cache - could explain that. Likely won't work for long though...

Cheers!

Hasn't worked since this past Saturday, 1/25, which was the first time I had attempted to use it in a couple of weeks.

I was able to pull down a copy of the webpages from archive.org and could easily put them up on another site with permission from the author. Anyone have contact info?

I really hope it comes back. That site has been great for calculating step starters!

I attempted to contact Dustin, whose site it is. If anyone has better contact info than whois or a PM here let me know. If he's not going to renew the domain, I'd like his permission to host it.

Just went there, says the domain expired. With domain reg fees <$10/year, seems silly that the owner would let it lapse. If their hosting company is like mine, they may offer a grace period in which to buy it back before it's released to the market. I let a domain go that I decided not to develop, and 1&1 nagged me for about a month to renew it.

Back