immersion chiller soaked in bleach.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisbeer

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't do it. My wife enjoys enjoys helping me brew occasionally. I mentioned I needed to go inside and get the wort chillernto sanitize it. Long story short she went to get it and soaked it in the sink with a bleach solution. I jabe heard bleach will turn copper green and to never use it on a wort chiller. I have heard a few different things about what will happen. My question is do you think it will be fine to use it for this brew since I need it pretty quick?

Well how does it look? I would give it a thorough rinse and if it looks fine go for it.

It looks fine now. Im just expecting it to turn green over the next few days, so I will probably be getting a new one. I am just makong sure im not missing anything before I use it.

RDWHAHB! :D It should be fine, I'm guessing. Just rinse it really good and I doubt anything is going to happen to it. But if you do decide to get a new one, you can always use this one to make a pre-chiller. :)

Like I said, if you just want to buy a new IC, then repurpose your existing one as a pre-chiller... put it in a bucket with ice water and run your cooling water through it into the immersion chiller... that'll REALLY cool things down quick! :D

Latest posts

Back