Thermostat for fermentation chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yusupov

Reaction score
I bought a honeywell thermostat for my fermentation chiller. I want to extend the thermistor so it can be inside the fermentation chiller with the control box on the outside.

Where is the thermister? and is there definitely one with this kind of thermostat. I.e do all cheap thermostats like this one have them?

Thanks for your help!

image-1271876885.jpg

image-1843195144.jpg

Very hard to tell from that photo, it may be on the other side of the board, but I circled the component that looks like it to me.

image-1843195144.jpg

That's actually a molded tantalum capacitor.

Nothing really jumps out as a thermistor on that side of the board.
I'd be surprised if it there are components on the other side from a cost to manufacturer issue, but it's worth looking. If there's a vent in the exterior shell somewhere maybe focus in that area of the board.

Otherwise, it's possible that one of the 6 pin SOT parts is an LM73 or equivalent I2C temperature sensor...

Cheers!

Take a legible photo if you want analysis of the components included on that circuit board.

Back