Pumpkin Ale!!! H"Ale" Yeah!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mresa641

Reaction score
So, Ive had a few and just felt like posting with my fellow brewers...Ive had Southern Tier's Warlock and Pumking Ale...Both are very good...in small doses.

At first bottle, I wanted to try to reproduce Pumking so I boiled up a batch...I made a base recipe from Northern Brewers Smashing Pumpkin ale but I bumped up the 2 row to 11.5lbs, used Ringwood Ale and only did a single hop addition of Magnum 1oz for 60 mins. Oh and I added lactose for a thicker mouthfeel...I took a sample from the primary and...I prefer it over Pumking. The flavor is very good and smooth but it needs to ferment out a little bit. Im not too concerned with the diacetyl rest since I think the butteryness will come out well.

Anyways, to those that read this thread, in the spirit of Fall, what is your favorite pumpkin ale and why?

Hard to say. I really like DFH pumkin but I can only have one because it is so so sweet. For a beer I will down a whole 6 pack it has to be Ichabod pumpkin ale from new holland. Not to sweet and not to spicey.

Commercially, Pumking is my favorite, but this imperial pumpkin ale I brewed that was based off a recipe I saw in Zymurgy is the ****in' ****. Can't get enough of it.

Commercially, Pumking is my favorite, but this imperial pumpkin ale I brewed that was based off a recipe I saw in Zymurgy is the ****in' ****. Can't get enough of it.

Nuke...Can you share that recipe or is it under lock and key?

Back