Turnkey Automated System?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danam404

Reaction score
I just got thru an entire 20 page thread on the Brewmation system... looks awesome.. only to find out they no longer make it. Is there anything similar being produced today?

While brewing a double batch this weekend I realized how lifting pots to the top of my gravity 3-tier system and measuring out quarts in a measuring cup all day are really getting old.. Im exhausted at the end of the brew day.

The sabco setup looks cool, but it's not nearly as automated as the Brewmation was, and can't measure volumes.

Thanks for the info guys. While I'm not crazy about a 2-pot system, that Blichmann Breweasy looks intriguing with the RIMS Setup on it. Anyone get any more photos of it?

I chose a used v350 sabco. Step mashing is easy peezy. It's not fully automated with automatic solenoids or float switches but could be retrofitted with a little research time and money. The Picobrew looks neat but it only makes 3 gallons at a time lol. The blichmann looks promising but I still wouldn't pick it over a sabco. Morebeer sculptures are another possibility as is custom building a single or 2 tier setup and utilizing blichmann or stout kettles. My only complaint with my sabco is I wish it made more wort at a time.

And if you do start looking at sabcos as a possibility look at psycho brew systems.... with enough money just about any of the systems I mentioned can be fully automated.

Going to wait out the breweasy until more info in released then make a decision I believe.

I had the same problem because of a bad back so I was going to buy a automated beer machine that I will not mention because it is on kickstarter and i hear they frown on that here . but any way I decided 2K was a bit too much just to make life super easy so I spent 500 bucks and bought a chugger pump and 25 feet of silicone tubing and some quick disconnect and a new brew pot . Now when i get this all together I can pump my wort and water around so i do not have to pick up them 10 gallon pots and still have the joy of brewing my beer as opposed to a machine doing it while I sit on the couch .

I had the same problem because of a bad back so I was going to buy a automated beer machine that I will not mention because it is on kickstarter and i hear they frown on that here . but any way I decided 2K was a bit too much just to make life super easy so I spent 500 bucks and bought a chugger pump and 25 feet of silicone tubing and some quick disconnect and a new brew pot . Now when i get this all together I can pump my wort and water around so i do not have to pick up them 10 gallon pots and still have the joy of brewing my beer as opposed to a machine doing it while I sit on the couch .

I think it is more that those systems arn't targeting people that have brewed all grain (or even extract) before and don't know that brewing is pretty easy and not really that time consuming (you can do other things instead of just watching a pot boil - or not boil if you are mashing!)
I agree with you though, if the OP just wants to save his back then a single pump some silicone hose and a few camlocks/QDs will be the best investment. You can still turn a valve on by hand with a bad back :D
I would think you could get it all for about $300 (rougyh guess) - Edit: add some sight glasses and your probably closer to Marcus's $500 and pretty much eliminated your issues.

mattd2 ;
I ordered a
Bayou classic 10 gallon pot with spigot and thermometer from Overstock for $159.99

from Brew hardware
Chugger Pump $146.00
Cam F $4.15
Cam D - X 2 $11.30
5/8 hose barb $4.00
1/2 hose barb $4.00
3 piece ball valve $18.00
4 SS hose clamps $7.40
25 feet silicone tube 59.75
ship $12.00
total $430.74

I think that is a good price for it all and you are quite right about the beer machine just costing way too much and it takes away the brew experience . If I had lots of cash to toss away i would buy one anyway just for them times when I need to whip out a batch and do not have time for an all day AG . but I would have to have a lot of spare cash for that .

mattd2 ;
I ordered a
Bayou classic 10 gallon pot with spigot and thermometer from Overstock for $159.99

from Brew hardware
Chugger Pump $146.00
Cam F $4.15
Cam D - X 2 $11.30
5/8 hose barb $4.00
1/2 hose barb $4.00
3 piece ball valve $18.00
4 SS hose clamps $7.40
25 feet silicone tube 59.75
ship $12.00
total $430.74

I think that is a good price for it all and you are quite right about the beer machine just costing way too much and it takes away the brew experience . If I had lots of cash to toss away i would buy one anyway just for them times when I need to whip out a batch and do not have time for an all day AG . but I would have to have a lot of spare cash for that .

Ahhhhhhhhhh I see... The pot is where you got up close to the $500 mark, I was wondering how it cost $500 for a pump some fittings and some hose :D
If I had a spare $2k I think I would spend it all on getting my full system automated (I think I could do it... maybe I shoud start a kickstarter to raise $2k :D)

Back