Bubble Nag Champa through a beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im with on that surprisingly. If done in in the right way. sadly I dont have an answer for, but very interested, even if its just curiosity lol

I wonder what negative implications, if any, there would be if you soaked a stick just like you would vanilla beans? Interesting idea, passedpawn

Do you have a smoker? Some grains in a mesh strainer or colander should impart something. Milled grains would probably infuse more flavor, especially since you aren't going to put all of the grains in the smoker.

You're off your rocker PP. Nag Champa is Sandalwood, frangipani, and some tree resin that is psychoactive, at least acording to Wikipedia. Sounds like an interesting brew...

Do you have a smoker? Some grains in a mesh strainer or colander should impart something. Milled grains would probably infuse more flavor, especially since you aren't going to put all of the grains in the smoker.

I do have a smoker. I didn't even think of smoking the grains. I'm afraid to affect the smoker and end up with my next brisket smelling like incense. But maybe I can make some sort of makeshift with a large box and a screen. Good idea!

You're off your rocker PP.

Probably.

Get some plumeria flowers and sandalwood.

Yea that's where I'd start. I'm not sure how you'd work with powder on a stick. And you'd have to do some research on possible effects of plumeria and sandalwood(might not want to make something that will make you trip sack or die. Or maybe lol).

Assuming all is a go however, id start with trying to infuse it steeping, or over time like you would infuse liquors. Maybe adding that "tea" to your boil. I don't know what effects on the fermentation it would have but

Say you mashed and sparged to get 3 G, do your bittering additions, then at 30 you add ~3 G nag champa tea, then continue with your boil.

Would you have created a new water profile that would adversely affect the beer? Going that route you may have to alter your hops a bit as well.

Interesting though. Just spitting out some thoughts

Has anyone tried Plumeria in beer? I have tons of those flowers on my property & they smell very nice.

Was considering adding some to a saison.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Mmm, nag champa in my home. It's wafting through the rooms. My wife's out of town, and I'm floating to the sounds of Groove Armada.

I'm making a glow-in-the-dark beer tomorrow morning. Might have to try do add some of this fragrance somehow. Schweet.

545e44681527a.jpg

Back