Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Spreadsheet for brew calculations

Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
ginismo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Spreadsheet for brew calculations

I signed up for an account (finally) just to upload this for others. Essentially, I took the calculations from either John Palmer's "How to Brew" and from The Morey equation. I then found what I believed to be a fairly comprehensive table for malts and their respective gravity and Lovibond from BYO.com. I also compliled a list of hop varieties and their average alpha acid %. What results is a fairly simple (if somewhat limited to additions/edits) spreadsheet to use for calculating PPG, efficiency, SRM, IBUs, and other totals.

Any feedback is welcomed, and if this proves to be valuable, I will work on creating a web based solution to host somewhere. I think this sort of thing should be free, and not so hard to locate on the web.

I hope you enjoy it, or at least find it interesting.

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/j0AX2fuv5...(1).xlsx.htmll