I hate pop up thunderstorms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieGator

Reaction score
Finished my mash, hit my temps, started my sparge and then the thunder rolled in (it was still sunny when I heard the first thunder booms)

All of the equipment is now indoors along with my mash pot and sparge pot. Hopefully, this will clear out in an hour or two so I can start the boil.

A bad brew day is still better than no brew day :rockin:

I got hit by a downpour (without lightning) as I started cooling down with my immersion chiller. Put the lid on the pot and a garbage bag over that to keep the rain out. 25 mins later, wort was chilled to 71F.

I am seriously thinking that the Brewing Gods and Goddesses were having a great time messing with me. Maybe Loki joined up with them for a day? LOL!

Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to more. I treated my porch to Water Seal yesterday, and I want to be sure that the six hours in the warm Wisconsin sun, which burned me in places I'd rather not be burned, was worth it. I just so happened to witness some rainfall a few minutes ago, and I'm pleased to say that it was indeed a success, save for the bits where, due to a lack of Water Seal, I have not applied treatment.

Back