Dry Hop..Does this look okay?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckhunt22

Reaction score
I dry hopped (just tossed pellets in) a week ago and this is what the top of the carboy looks like. It started out as a solid green covering, but now what is left is not dropping to the bottom. First...this does not look like an infection, correct?

Second, can I bottle it like this, just be careful not to get those particles in the siphon?

I've never dry hopped before so I thought I'd ask. Thanks everyone.

DryHop.JPG

Looks yummy. I have dry hopped this way a few times. The hops eventually settled to the bottom of the carboy. If you want to further clear it you could crash cool it after the dryhop schedule.

I'm bottling a gumballhead clone tonight that has been dry hopping for about 10 days. Looked just like this for the first 5 then it started to settle. I cold crashed for a day and between that and the little bit of jostling while moving it to the fridge, almost all of the hops settled out. There seems to be a nice compact layer at the bottom. We also made a voile sock to go over the siphon when racking and I don't expect to get any hops in the bottles. I'd say you're good.

am i the only idiot who rotated his head as close to upside down to see the pic?
lol

anyways it looks fine, when you rack off just zip tie a hop bag to the end of your siphon. make sure it's loose too, if its too tight and causes too much resistance the siphone seal will break and suck in air through the outside of the tube.

Back