Brew has thin mouthfeel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klowe0419

Reaction score
Hello I just brewed the caribou slobber AG and I bottled last night and had a taste and it was very thin I was wondering I'd carbonation will make my beer taste right the ABV is 5 and I mashed at 148 a little low I know :-( it was just a very thin mouthfeel please help

It always tastes thinner before its carbed. It will be dryer an lighter, as you should've mashed at 153. But try not to worry about it. It will taste like beer sooner than you know

I'm hoping that you are complaining about the mouthfeel from a abottling bucket sample, and that you aren't opening a beer after one measly day in bottles.

Flat, green beer typically seems thin and watery. You'll be amazed what carbonation and a little age can do. Leave that beer alone for three weeks, keep the bottles as close to 70 degrees F as you can, THEN try it and see what you think.

Thanks guys and yes it was a sample out of the bucket I was just surprised it was like dirty water with a little bit of alcohol lol I hope it will taste like beer after 3 weeks at. 70

Back