Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Vissani kegerator not cold

Old 02-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
sethlovex
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Vissani kegerator not cold

I have searched for info and now am seeking advice. My friend gave me this kegerator for free, I plugged it in, waited 24 hours, temp inside not cold at all over 70 degrees. Tried adjusting the thermostat screw, still no cold. Compressor is running, I can hear liquid circulating through the cold plate. I spent 200 bucks on new Qd's, beer and gas lines, and two used corny kegs. So my options at this point seem to be:
1. Order a new thermostat for 25$ and change it myself, looks simple enough but not sure if this will fix the problem
2. Service call from appliance store 125$ min charge and they may not be able to fix it 3. Scrap it and build a keezer

Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
Wyrmwood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 56

fridges are cheap (sometimes free) on Craig's List or other local rag. It sounds like your investment is what's inside the fridge, not the fridge itself.
"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Ben Franklin

Old 02-27-2013, 03:00 AM   #3
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 495 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethlovex View Post
I have searched for info and now am seeking advice. My friend gave me this kegerator for free, I plugged it in, waited 24 hours, temp inside not cold at all over 70 degrees. Tried adjusting the thermostat screw, still no cold. Compressor is running, I can hear liquid circulating through the cold plate. I spent 200 bucks on new Qd's, beer and gas lines, and two used corny kegs. So my options at this point seem to be:
1. Order a new thermostat for 25$ and change it myself, looks simple enough but not sure if this will fix the problem
2. Service call from appliance store 125$ min charge and they may not be able to fix it 3. Scrap it and build a keezer
I found one left out (trash companies won't take) changed the temp control and dropped to 40* in a couple of hours. Wife keeps whine and mead in it. You can use the control if not.