Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Need everyones input!!

Old 02-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
derbycitybrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default Need everyones input!!

So Uncle Sam is helping my brewery out. I've been doing steeping grains and dme kits for a while now. Started allgrain but don't have equipment large enough to do 5 gallon full boils. So I'm buying a new boil kettlw(10 gallon) mash tun(thinking 10 gallon???) barley crusher(found cheapest o. Beersmith. And some odd and end things and a few 50lb sacks of grains. My question to everyone is where do you'll find your best deals for theses things? Thanks ahead of time for all of your help. I will respond ASAP. Cheers

Old 02-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
dannyhawkins
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I found my grain mill on amazon for $99 it's Millars B2 grain mill with a hopper. Kettle depends on what you want. Mash tun- build a cooler either round or rectangle. As for grains I'm not sure, but I've heard of bulk group buys on this forum you could look into that.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhawkins
I found my grain mill on amazon for $99 it's Millars B2 grain mill with a hopper. Kettle depends on what you want. Mash tun- build a cooler either round or rectangle. As for grains I'm not sure, but I've heard of bulk group buys on this forum you could look into that.
The kettle I was ss for sure. And a ball valve. The grains are already talk g care of just added it In. What do u think of your mill?

Old 02-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
bluenose75
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbycitybrewer View Post
So Uncle Sam is helping my brewery out. I've been doing steeping grains and dme kits for a while now. Started allgrain but don't have equipment large enough to do 5 gallon full boils. So I'm buying a new boil kettlw(10 gallon) mash tun(thinking 10 gallon???) barley crusher(found cheapest o. Beersmith. And some odd and end things and a few 50lb sacks of grains. My question to everyone is where do you'll find your best deals for theses things? Thanks ahead of time for all of your help. I will respond ASAP. Cheers
I can suggest getting your boil kettle and HLT from Agri-Supply. I purchased the "large set" which consists of a 10,8,7 and 6 gallon S/S pots. The two smaller ones I use for general cooking,but the 10 and 8 gallon works good for 5 gallon batches. A 10 gallon MT is nice,so that you can make your "Big" beers. Agri-Supply is also a good place to purchase burners as well. When I purchased the pot set,it was $129 for all 4,which was about a year ago. I want to say the price has gone up a little,but still a good deal. They are not thick pots,but I have managed to pump out plenty of beer in them,just as long as you are not tossing them around in your garage/shed,etc,you should be fine.Here is my configuration to give you and idea of them.My MT is a 10 gallon in the pic as well.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	99594  

Old 02-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
beerinasippicup
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Started allgrain but don't have equipment large enough to do 5 gallon full boils. So I'm buying a new boil kettlw(10 gallon) mash tun(thinking 10 gallon???)
I picked up a 7.5 gal (30 qt.) turkey frier from Home Depot for around 100 bucks. Its aluminum so I only like to use it for a HLT. I use 2 kegs for my MLT & Boil kettle. They rest over the burner. Ive done 10 gallon batches on it with out any issues.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
bluenose75
Recipes 

Sorry,here is the link if you are interested......

http://www.agrisupply.com/stainless-...24-qt/p/63160/

No,I do not work there,but damn they have cool stuff there!

Old 02-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
chuckstout
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 217 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 195

I use a Magic Mill stone ground.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose75
I can suggest getting your boil kettle and HLT from Agri-Supply. I purchased the "large set" which consists of a 10,8,7 and 6 gallon S/S pots. The two smaller ones I use for general cooking,but the 10 and 8 gallon works good for 5 gallon batches. A 10 gallon MT is nice,so that you can make your "Big" beers. Agri-Supply is also a good place to purchase burners as well. When I purchased the pot set,it was $129 for all 4,which was about a year ago. I want to say the price has gone up a little,but still a good deal. They are not thick pots,but I have managed to pump out plenty of beer in them,just as long as you are not tossing them around in your garage/shed,etc,you should be fine.Here is my configuration to give you and idea of them.My MT is a 10 gallon in the pic as well.
Thanks for the input. That's a great deal but I've already got all the smaller pots. I think I wanna put that money towards 1 nice pot if u know what I mean. Cheers

Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerinasippicup

I picked up a 7.5 gal (30 qt.) turkey frier from Home Depot for around 100 bucks. Its aluminum so I only like to use it for a HLT. I use 2 kegs for my MLT & Boil kettle. They rest over the burner. Ive done 10 gallon batches on it with out any issues.
My LHBS has a 10 gallon ss pot for around $100 but no holes drilled in it. So then I would have to get a step bit and drill my wholes. I def wanna get ss over aluminum so it will last me a lifetime. I'm thinking a polar ware pot but just gotta find the right site. Cheers

Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #10
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckstout
I use a Magic Mill stone ground.
What do u think of that mill?