Check your Brewhaulers! - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Check your Brewhaulers!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #31
SiriusStarr
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
SiriusStarr's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Chicago, IL
Posts: 335
Liked 110 Times on 62 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by brewguyver View Post
I'm a "one hand on the bottom and one hand on the neck" kind of guy. Works for all sorts of situations.
I snorted water all over my monitor when I read that. :-(
__________________
Kitsune Brewing Co. (Add me on Untappd.)
Fermenters: Empty. :-(
Aging: Nothing! D:
Bottled: Unnamed 100% Brett Cyser; Second Sun (Orange Guava Cider); First Blood (Wild Cherry Cider); JAOM; Unnamed Holiday Apfelwein.
Planned: Pliny clone. More 7 Stairs Pale Ale.

ChefRex Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #32
PIEHOLEBREWINGCO
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
PIEHOLEBREWINGCO's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2012
AURORA, ILLINOIS
Posts: 90
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts


1.What did the manufacture of the brew hauler had to say?
Love the rope

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #33
cluckk
 
cluckk's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2005
San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,599
Liked 360 Times on 230 Posts


I put mine on a dolly and wrap with a strap. At the worst, it jostles a little, but no more than it would carrying it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #34
progmac
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Cincy, OH
Posts: 1,969
Liked 277 Times on 221 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by diS View Post
I prefer glass over plastic, you just have to be more careful when you transfer them.. that's why I build rope hauler for my carboys:

Thanks for sharing! It is nice to come across a gem like this as I'm browsing the forum this morning. Any tricks for making this?
__________________
на здравје!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #35
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Airborneguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Posts: 10,886
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoLincoln View Post
That's your choice. And that's fine.
And you have yours. We're only "doing this" because of what you said in your first response. If one doesn't want to see opposite opinions, their only option is not to post. "Don't write this" disclaimers don't work unless written by a mod.
__________________
Fermentor(s):
Lagering:
Bottled: Atonement Brown Porter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #36
NuclearRich
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Hamden, CT
Posts: 1,113
Liked 118 Times on 100 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Why do people still use glass? No offense man, I just don't see any positives and plenty of negatives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
And you have yours. We're only "doing this" because of what you said in your first response. If one doesn't want to see opposite opinions, their only option is not to post. "Don't write this" disclaimers don't work unless written by a mod.

that is all


OP, Thanks for the warning, I always wondered how effective those were.
__________________
Kegged - English Mild
Bottled - 30th birthday barleywine, caramel gingerbread quad, Caramel Quad/RUMCAKE, Lemongrass Diastasis, 2014 "lambic", eisbock, IIPA, oaked lite, Conan cider
Primary - nadda
Aging - 2015 "lambic", barleywine, wild cider, applejack

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #37
donjonson
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Tampa, FL
Posts: 320
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


OP:

What did the manufacturer say to you?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #38
BansheeRider
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
BansheeRider's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 1,511
Liked 102 Times on 93 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by donjonson View Post
OP:

What did the manufacturer say to you?
^ this....Please let us know what the manufacturer said.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #39
Guidry
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Denham Springs, La
Posts: 638
Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts


[QUOTE=Topher79;4717679However, I didn't count on my second brew hauler breaking as I was hauling a 6 gallon carboy full of $70 worth of ingreidents (partial mash) for an Imperial Oatmeal Stout! ![/QUOTE]

$70 of ingredients in a 5-5.5 gallon batch?

You say partial mash, so assuming about 3# of grain (conservative) at $2/lb = $6
Yeast = $10 (high estimate)
Hops: Lets go with 4oz at $2/oz = $8

That leaves $46 in extract? Looks like over 10lbs of extract? Man! Glad you reminded me of why I switched to all-grain.

Regarding the actual topic though.....I have one of those and I have never actually used it because I don't trust it. I'd rather trust my dry hands. One under the bottom and one around the neck (Hmmmmm, kinda reminded me of something)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #40
brewfreeordie
Recipes 
 
Feb 2012
manchester, nh
Posts: 85
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


I can't believe it broke a strap. I've got one that goes unused (along with the glass carboys I kept "just because") because I decided a bucket was a hell of a lot easier to clean, sterilize and carry. It's ugly and not as cool but I don't rack to secondary anymore either.

What size was the carboy?

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check this out rambler Equipment/Sanitation 3 04-26-2011 04:09 PM
Check This out ckyboy General Beer Discussion 6 11-17-2009 11:46 AM
New IPA I came up with, Check It out! impulserush Extract Brewing 13 01-06-2009 05:27 PM
Check me out.... LostDakota Recipes/Ingredients 15 01-05-2008 02:54 PM


Forum Jump