Gold Rush - Jungle Gold - Page 21 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Gold Rush - Jungle Gold

Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #201
Darwin18

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
Yeah, seems weird that's all Todd's dad does (on camera, at least).
Did you see what he did when they let him operate an excavator on Season 1? He aimlessly picked a random spot in the ground and started digging, hoping to find a glory hole.

I hadn't thought about it before but it is suspicious that Jack is the only one in the gold room when weighing out the gold. With that much money at stack - I thought it was standard procedure to have multiple people in the room to keep theft to a minimum. I wouldn't be surprised if he is holding some back from the rest of the crew.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #202
usfmikeb

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Leesburg, Virginia
Liked 239 Times on 201 Posts

I'd wager that he isn't alone in there, but the show makes it appear that way so that its more dramatic.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #203
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18 View Post
Did you see what he did when they let him operate an excavator on Season 1? He aimlessly picked a random spot in the ground and started digging, hoping to find a glory hole.
I think he did that at the beginning of this season as well.

The other thing with Jack is last season wasn't he "totally addicted to morphine" he is just as bad as Harness. Even if he had surgery to correct his back, I don't think you just quit taking the morphine pills.

No way any responsible organization would knowing let a morphine addict operate equipment.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #204
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011

My prediction for tonight

Toad will say "frick" a few times.
Toad will really screw something up, and Dave/Freddie will come to the rescue

Part of me hopes Fred Hits it big, just to reenforce Jacks glory hole theory

Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #205
MichaelBrock

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Alachua, FL
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18 View Post
I hadn't thought about it before but it is suspicious that Jack is the only one in the gold room when weighing out the gold. With that much money at stack - I thought it was standard procedure to have multiple people in the room to keep theft to a minimum. I wouldn't be surprised if he is holding some back from the rest of the crew.
I too doubt that he is the only 'cast member' in the room. Of course there is also at least one camera man, one sound guy, and probably a director. Kind of hard to steal something with a camera crew watching everything you do. Now, if he was refusing to let the camera crew in while he was weighing out....

I love this show but my main pet peeve is the over-dramatization of everything. Starts with that ridiculously "scary" narration. "If...blah,blah,potential disaster....they won't get to 1000 ounces!" It is practically every other sentence he says.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #206
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBrock View Post
Starts with that ridiculously "scary" narration. "If...blah,blah,potential disaster....
This is probably a quote from Toads wife every morning when he wakes up.

That guy is a walking potential disaster

Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #207
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBrock View Post
I love this show but my main pet peeve is the over-dramatization of everything. Starts with that ridiculously "scary" narration. "If...blah,blah,potential disaster....they won't get to 1000 ounces!" It is practically every other sentence he says.
That's pretty much how most of these shows are. You have to inject drama to keep people on the hook. It also helps to have some creative editing done to the, "On the next gold rush.." previews.

As far as Jack counting the gold on his own, I don't remember the last time we saw a filmed segment gold room. Just Jack walking out and producing mason jars with gold in them for everyone to oooh and ahhh over.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #208
MichaelBrock

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Alachua, FL
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

I would have sworn that they showed a segment of the "dramatic pour on the scale" in the last episode without letting us know the results but I might be confusing it with one of the other crews.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #209
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

You might be right. I'm pretty sure they didn't but my mind might be failing me a bit here.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #210
FermentNEthinG

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Homebrew Haven, NY
Liked 1015 Times on 517 Posts

klondike Tony is a pimp. They should make a show just around him.

davekippen Likes This