Hello Everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autoferret

Reaction score
I just brewed my first batch. And i've been reading The Complete Joy of Home Brewing.

My first batch is Indain Pale Ale
6.6 lbs. Amber Liquid Malt Extract
1 lb. Crystal Grain (cracked)
½ lb. Victory Grain (cracked)
¼ lb. Munich Grain (cracked)
2. oz. Northern Brewer Hops
1 oz. Fuggles Hops
1 pkg. Wyeast Liquid Yeast - London Ale

Tasted a sample before i added the yeast and it tasted good. So i'm hoping that was a good sign.

It seams to be going well but i guess that we'll find out when i go to bottle! Also any home brewers in Orlando area?

Glad to have you with us. Keep us up to date on your first and all of your brews.

A good tasting wort almost always means a good tasting ale. Sometimes the wort can taste very odd (a left-coast IPA) and ferment just fine. Bad beer almost always results from contamination.

Welcome and good luck to you! Partial grain on your first try, good way to start off. You're on the right track and soon you'll taste that finished product and be just as hooked as the rest of us!

Just North Of Orlando Here Have Been Brewing For About 2 Months Now Maybe We Can Swap A Few Brews Out Sometime.

Welcome, and Good luck!

on the note of the wort leading to the taste:
my 1st brew (pumpkin stout... quite ambitious for a first brew) completely held true
2nd: wort tasted like bum... but the beer tastes quite good (better as it conditions more)
3rd: I shattered it today while it was in the secondary... never know, but the wort tasted good, and OMG did it smell AMAZING when I dropped the carboy (GODAMNIT!)
4th: started Saturday, wort tasted like bum, but it's a coffee chocolate stout, and the sample I took had a TON of coffee grounds in it. Im thinking once it settles, and I transfer to 2ndary, it'll be fine, and I can't wait to taste the final product.

Latest posts

Back