Tempts for carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent44

Reaction score
Bottled my first carbonated cider, what temp do they need to be stored to carbonate, i have them in my basement right now, it's around 60 in there is that ok? Or is it too cool?

Conventional wisdom says you should carb at the same temp you fermented at. However, I have found a degree or two more helps the process along, and a degree or two lower can stop it altogether. The degree or two lower hurts even worse, in my experience, if you have racked a few times or spent a long time in secondary.

Yeah it was sitting in secondary for quite some time, and pretty clear,oh well carb or not it still tastes good lol

I bring mine up to about 74* and they carb nicely in 2-3 days time. I guess it depends on the yeast strain used. I used Wyeast 4766 cider yeast.

I have three liters of still cider bottled to drink first so I'm in no rush to crack open the carbonated stuff, I thought of leaving them for a month or so

Back