New guy from Mass.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtandy

Reaction score
Well, here we go! Name's Myles, I'm pretty well new to homebrewing. Did a batch last year, but that's about it as I've moved a few times since. Recently got to be friends with a brewer and have become interested in trying again, and figured this would be the place to learn!

East. Was living in the Boston area, now back in my original home town of Haverhill.

I'm looking forward to the learning process. I've been working in the beverage industry for a few years now (I'm 23) and have a solid base knowledge of brewing, but want to go deeper.

Cool. I've been meaning to hit up Boston but as of yet have not had a chance. Last time I was in Boston was about four years ago, but military obligations have kept me from returning.

It's a cool place to be much of the time. I work in a wine shop in beacon hill with a great beer selection, so that's a plus! The hard part of apartment living is space. No chance to even consider AG till I have a house with the space!

I did AG once in an apartment. It was tough with long wait times for strike water to heat, but it made beer in the end. I don't know where Beacon Hill is, but if I'm ever in the area I'll see if I can find your shop.

mtandy said:
Well, here we go! Name's Myles, I'm pretty well new to homebrewing. Did a batch last year, but that's about it as I've moved a few times since. Recently got to be friends with a brewer and have become interested in trying again, and figured this would be the place to learn!

Whats good man?! Hello from Somerville.

Congrats on restarting the greatest hobby on Earth. So many mass brewers on here, easy to connect and much to learn. Good luck

Didn't know how many mass based folk where on here! That's good to know. Anyone know of any brew groups in the Haverhill area?

Beacon hill is basically behind the Capitol building, across from the common. Right smack in downtown. Message me if you're ever in the area!

Theirs was the first sour I ever tried, and it was straight from the fermenter! Very very nice folks over there!

I'm from Mass too! Swansea :) Haverhill, huh?? Bad ass! That's Rob Zombie's home town.

And his brother, the dude from powerman 5000. Went to the same high school, year later (duh).

Back