New from North Carolina

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, noob here. I just started brewing about a month and a half ago. A friend (my dentist, recently retired actually) and I were talking about brewing on the way to his house to fix his old truck and his old tractor and he told me he would teach me how to brew. A week later i came home from work to find a new brewmaster's brewing kit, 2 books and an extract recipe kit in my back porch. :rockin: So, i read the books and started. (A week or two later he brought me his brewing supplies too because some medication he was prescribed had all but killed his liver and he could no longer drink beer.)

So far, all I am doing is dry malt extract kits until I can get an actual feel for the process and what to expect etc. I learned quickly that IPA's need a good amount of headspace the hard way as my carboy blew the airlock and sprayed the ceiling of the baby's room (before he was born, he was just born last Wed).

I found this forum looking for a decent ginger beer recipe and found Moonshae's recipe, so I started looking around and I liked all the advice and recipes that I've seen so far here so I figured I'd give it a go and keep learning from you all. cheers.:mug:

Back