What kind of brew stand should i commit to?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobE

Reaction score
I've been looking into building a single tier brew stand of some kind. I've been leaning towards something like the Brutus 10 but I've seen some other cool systems including electric. What do you have that works well or what would you have done differently? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I want to build something that I will hang on to for a while.

If you build a single tier, one "drawback" of that is you would have to get some pumps to transfer your liquid to the other vessels. This would add to the costs both is parts, and electricity used for the pumps. You would not have this "drawback" if you go with a three tier (gravity fed) system.

I am not sure what the difference in material cost would be between a single tier and three tier.

Build whatever appeals to you. Electric add some complexity but a lot more potential for control and you won't have to worry about propane mid boil. Also, if you have enough ventilation to move the moisture away there are no fumes to worry about allowing you to brew in a basement, closed garage, or shed.

Latest posts

Back