Do I need keg lube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lepoc2635

Reaction score
I'm eager to keg my IPA and have just finished my fridge conversion... I won't be able to get to my LHBS any time soon to get the lube. Do I really need it?

It just makes getting the connections on and off easier and creates a MUCH better seal. But no it is not necessary.

I'm currently using Petrol Gel. On the Petro Gel label is says that it is U.S.P. Mineral Oil along with other USP ingredients. See PetroGel. They even offer a free sample on the site.

Wild

wild said:
I'm currently using Petrol Gel. On the Petro Gel label is says that it is U.S.P. Mineral Oil along with other USP ingredients. See PetroGel. They even offer a free sample on the site.

Wild

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably keg this batch and use the Petrol Gel on the rest. I just ordered some from Northern Brewer along with new Orings.

I use a spray silicon. I figure that it'll keep my o-rings from drying up and cracking. Especially the big o-ring.

Back