Star Trek or Star Wars? - Page 13 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Star Trek or Star Wars?

Old 10-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #121
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Liked 147 Times on 118 Posts

By Nov 7 when the full set comes out I should be through DA:O and DA:II, maybe partly through the Witcher series. I'm going slow in my replaying as I've played them all once now so while I go quicker, I'm not dedicated to the up till 6am nights like I am when they are new.

Going to have to check it out.

Back to the topic, I always though ti would be cool for someone to combine the 2 series, if Star Wars was a "long time ago in a galaxy far far away", couldn't while a federation ship is exploring the far side of some quadrant find a galaxy with Jedi and Wookies? Or maybe have an arms dealer carrying a light saber he received while on his travels. If done right it would be awesome. But Hollywood would probably **** it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 10-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #122
TyTanium
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Liked 556 Times on 391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
Back to the topic, I always though ti would be cool for someone to combine the 2 series, if Star Wars was a "long time ago in a galaxy far far away", couldn't while a federation ship is exploring the far side of some quadrant find a galaxy with Jedi and Wookies? Or maybe have an arms dealer carrying a light saber he received while on his travels. If done right it would be awesome. But Hollywood would probably **** it up.
That would be a licensing nightmare, haha. But I always love cross-series mashup stuff. That would be a blast.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #123
rellty

Recipes 

Dec 2011
, Michigan
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Not really sure why this is even debated. I love them both, but Star Wars is an action movie while Star Trek is something completely different. But if I had to choose ill take Star Trek. I'd much rather watch a few episodes of Star Trek then have to sit through episodes 1-3. I'm addicted to Star Trek though cant say how many times I've seen each episode of tos and tng, and it never gets old. I just recently came around on voyager, and I love it. Was turned off by ds9, I tried I just couldn't get into it

Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #124
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5019 Times on 3389 Posts

Star Wars has Princess Leia in a golden bikini.

And if that wasn't enough, it also had Natalie Portman.

Checkmate.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #125
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal

Checkmate.
So that scene gets full marks (which btw was also the climax of Carrie Fishers life as far as beauty, wealth, and cocaine use), but I think ST gets the fine ladies award by virtue of sheer proliferation. Actually Carrie Fisher was kind of a dog if you really look at her, and she has matured into an extremely unpleasant looking older woman.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #126
Krovitz

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Quincy, MA
Liked 123 Times on 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

So that scene gets full marks (which btw was also the climax of Carrie Fishers life as far as beauty, wealth, and cocaine use), but I think ST gets the fine ladies award by virtue of sheer proliferation. Actually Carrie Fisher was kind of a dog if you really look at her, and she has matured into an extremely unpleasant looking older woman.
A dog?!? You're crazy! I agree she has become a giant bag of **** but when she sported the golden bikini, that was the woman of my childhood dreams.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #127
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5019 Times on 3389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
How about listing some of this "proliferation"?

I'm sure 7 of 9 is one, although she never really did it for me, personally.

And let's not let current look looks factor in here. EVERYONE goes downhill at some point in their life. You have to consider them as they appeared in the show.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #128
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Apr 2009
middle of nowhere
Liked 183 Times on 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post

Checkmate.
Don't forget the best lookalike/double of all time...keira knightley as natelie portman or wait natelie portman as keira knightley...wait, scratch that, reverse it.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewingmeister View Post
Don't forget the best lookalike/double of all time...keira knightley as natelie portman or wait natelie portman as keira knightley...wait, scratch that, reverse it.
*slaps palm to forehead* I had no idea that was Keira Knightley, but now I see it. Outstanding.

Tim27 Likes This 
Old 10-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #130
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 9079 Times on 7226 Posts

Pappers_ Likes This