Problme with yellow jackets - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Problme with yellow jackets

Old 08-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

So i saw a lot of yllow jackets going in and iout from under the house naer the door. I claled an exterminator and he came and sparyed them wtih something. He told me they probably wouldn't even wake up in the morning. Well he was right, they didn't wake up in the mornign. But it's been four days now and they still haven't woken up, I'm wondering if I should call himi back.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
North Augusta, SC
Liked 204 Times on 152 Posts

problem with spelling, too.

smartphone, with auto-correct turned off?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Apr 2009
middle of nowhere
Liked 183 Times on 136 Posts

So you are upset the exterminator did his job?? Am I missing something?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Greenbasterd
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Van, BC
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts

ummmm there not sleeping..... there dead

Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

This is the drunen rambling forum right?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Apr 2009
middle of nowhere
Liked 183 Times on 136 Posts

I'm sorry for the loss of your friends. A pile of rotting apples will bring a whole new group of little buddies to your door..

Old 08-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

Ohhh ok right they probaly are dead. Good I thought he meant I needed to call him back when they woke up.

and what is going on with my compost pile. I meant for years to start one, and I finally started heaping it in the back yard, and something meeps digging through it and stealing all the good stuff.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
H-ost

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Bellevue, WA
Liked 72 Times on 53 Posts

I have rarely been home for the last 2-3 months but when I came back I heard tales of these wasps of biblical proportions. Apparently they are terrorizing my roommates and until I saw a picture of one I did not believe they were as large as the stories told.

When I saw it... DAYUM!!!!!! The wasp itself is only probably 2 inches long but the stinger.... THE STINGER>>>>!!! I can't say in inches how long it was because it was cut off in the picture but I can compare it to a rhododendron leaf. In the picture the STINGER was the length of 1.5 rhododendron leaves before the pic was cut off. NO JOKE! I'm guessing it was at least 6 inches long.

I asked to get the photo emailed to me so I could post it but my roommate didn't do it... too much work for him...

Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #9
Punity
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2012
Cosi, Warshington
Liked 369 Times on 308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine73
Ohhh ok right they probaly are dead. Good I thought he meant I needed to call him back when they woke up.

and what is going on with my compost pile. I meant for years to start one, and I finally started heaping it in the back yard, and something meeps digging through it and stealing all the good stuff.
Are you putting food in your compost?

Old 08-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 152 Times on 143 Posts

Any food with protein, meat, fat, egg shells, etc attracts critters.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk