Brewday Worksheets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrotherGrim

Reaction score
I am looking for whatever worksheet, spreadsheet, tracking sheet, journal, etc, that everyone uses for recording their brewing sessions. I have been recording mine on a Word document, but that means keeping a spreadsheet, my Qbrew, and a word document all at the same time. I am looking to put everything I need into one spreadsheet, and I would like help from anybody who has one.
Even if you don't use a spreadsheet, what information do you gather during your brew, and what form do you use to keep it? I think a worksheet could come out of this that could potentially be useful to people to help track all of the steps needed, and keep people (me) from missing steps during brewing. Maybe helpful for newer brewers as well.

Thanks for your help in advance!

I do understand that BeerSmith is a wonderful tool, but I was hoping to put together something that could be used by newer brewers and be for free. Not looking to take away from their audience, but provide a tool to help track what went on during the brew to help solve problems if they occur by having a decent record of what was done.

I do understand that BeerSmith is a wonderful tool, but I was hoping to put together something that could be used by newer brewers and be for free. Not looking to take away from their audience, but provide a tool to help track what went on during the brew to help solve problems if they occur by having a decent record of what was done.

If you are an all grain brewer send me a pm with your email address and I'll email you my workbook. I think you'll find it's pretty close to what you are looking for. There is a thread in the Brewing Software forum titled CP's Brew Chart 3.0 with additional info. I believe the link there is dead currently as I'm working on an update though.

cp

These are more like what I am looking for, I am planning on putting together something similar in excel and sharing it for anyone who wants it. Any other brewers with homemade sheets that want to share, please post here.

Thanks

Along similar lines, does anyone have a resource to help speed up creation of brew day process documentation? I plan on mapping it into xmind or a similar tool, but open to better options.

I'm looking more to do brew day pre-steps, setup, operation, clean up, and break down. My goal is to wring as much wasted time out of the brew day as possible.

The beers have been going great - just trying to keep the SWMBO from killing me during brew days!

For 12 years or so I never wrote anything down... though I did take the lables from the extract and hops and tape them to a peice of paper.

When I started All-Grain I got a notebook and have just been working it out on my own.

So what I do now is come up with a PLAN:
  • I look up the style guide and write down the BG, OG, ABV, SRM (just easy reference data)
  • The recipie
  • The proposed mashing schedule

As I brew I write down what really happened, since I have yet to follow my plan perfectly.

... and I use the same notebook for learning calculations, keezer design, and all things related to the hobby.

DPB

Back